Sweet potato avocado toast
Avocado toast is one of my favorite breakfast or lunch dish. It's so easy to make! But what if you are giving up carbs, grains or gluten? Do like I do and toast a sweet potato and if you are working out and need the protein, add an egg. This is also great for one person. You can put the leftover sweet potato in the fridge for a quick breakfast the next day.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
Egg (Depending on how many you are serving -- one egg person serving)
Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil (for the egg)
One sweet potato or yam (whatever your store has in stock)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 375. Peel sweet potato and cut into thin slices. Put the slices in a single layer in a baking rack and sprinkle with olive oil or coconut oil. They will be done in about 15 minutes, depending on how thin the slices are and where in the oven you put in the rack.
2. While sweet potatoes are roasting, make the avocado smash. Cut the avocado in half and scoop into a small bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. For an extra kick, you can add cayenne pepper.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and make an egg over easy. If you don't like runny eggs, you can make scrambled eggs.
4. When sweet potatoes are down, layer 2 to 4 slices on the plate (depending on how large the slices are), top with the avocado, then the egg.
5. Take a photo for your instagram or Snapchat story. Just kidding -- not. Enjoy!